A STUDY OF MINORITY BUSINESS PARTICIPATION IN THE URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY VOLUME II--DEVELOPING SUCCESSFUL MINORITY BUSINESS ENTERPRISE PROGRAMS FOR PUBLIC TRANSIT PROPERTIES: A MANUAL
UMTA's Office of Civil Rights (UCR) commissioned this 3-volumed study to establish a data base on the current level of Minority Business Enterprises (MBE) participation in the planning, development, and implementation of transit systms and to recommend changes in enforcement strategies in order to substantilly increase MBE participation. This manual, Volume II, provides guidelines for mass transit properties on developing an effective MBE program. Information and recommendations are provided on the use of transit planning and programming tools in planning the MBE program, goal setting mechanisms, MBE subcontract requirements of prime contractors, communications procedures, staffing needs, and recordkeeping and monitoring methods. This Manual reflects UMTA's Office of Civil Rights' requirements for transit property grantees. These requirements were instituted to implement the Revised Title VI Order issued in 1977. The Appendices contain: Annual Report Form, Quarterly Report Form, Sample Bid Work Sheet, List of MBE Liaison Officers, National Trade and Professional Associations, and Minority Contractors and Technical Assistance Organizations. /Author/
- Sponsored by the Department of Transportation, Urban Mass Transportation Administration. Volumes 1, 2 and 3 are available from NTIS AS A SETPB-274772/A21. Volume 4, Minority Business Capabilities, Data bank is computerized and is available from UMTA's Office of Civil Rights upon written request.
One America, Incorporated1750 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 418
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Contracting; Guidelines; Lean concrete; Managerial personnel; Manuals; Minorities; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Lean mix concrete
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00172064
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0146-77-2Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-60079T
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1981 12:00AM