MODELS FOR THE PREDICTION OF SPEEDS AND ACCIDENT FREQUENCIES
BERAKNING AV TRAFIKHASTIGHETENS FLODESBEROENDE VID KVALITETSBESTAMNING AV VAGAR
Models for the prediction of speeds and accident frequencies have been developed. This report describes the flow model which calculates the reducing effects of traffic on average speeds. The scope of the model is limited to 2-lane roads outside built-up areas and does not take crossings and environment into consideration. The speed flow relations vary with road factors such as sight distance; there is probably a concurrence of relatively different factors and the model constitutes an attempt to solve the problem of how this concurrence should be structured and defined. The flow model presents only the average speed over between 4 and 8 kilometer long stretches, characterized by sight distribution, cross-section and surfacing.
Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI)Linköping, Sweden SE-581 95
- Kolsrud, B
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash rates; Cross sections; Forecasting; Mathematical models; Pavements; Sight distance; Speed; Surface course (Pavements); Texture; Traffic flow
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00170927
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rpt. No. 97
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM