EIGHTH INTERNATIONAL ROAD FEDERATION WORLD MEETING: DOCUMENTATION SESSION C
Papers presented in Session C (urban transportation) are published here. The papers were presented in 3 main areas: highway administration in urban areas, traffic control in urban areas, and bus transportation and other urban transportation. The 22 papers covered such topics as the unification of transportation in urban areas, decision aids in routing high-density roads, computerized traffic control systems, traffic restraint, integrated traffic control in urban road networks, signalization, automobile traffic control-route guidance and other subsystems, new street networks, priority road systems, and a universal traffic system for local passenger traffic. Dual mode bus systems, the financing of mass transit, and multimodal urban transportation were also covered. The papers represented work from the U.S., Austria, Japan, Australia, France, England, India, Germany and Argentina.
- The IRF meeting was held in Tokyo, Japan, October 16-21,1977.
Washington, DC United States 20024
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Bus transportation; Decision making; Dual mode transportation systems; Financing; Multimodal transportation; Public transit; Strategic planning; Streets; Traffic control; Traffic restraint; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170923
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM