FENDERS INCORPORATING HYDRAULIC SHOCK ABSORBERS: BRITISH PATENT 1487139
This patent embraces a docking fender which has a bumper-plate connected to the fender base-plate through at least one hydraulic shock-absorber pivotally secured to both plates. Movement of the plates towards each other is limited by pads of resilient material; other relative movements are limited by chains or alternative means. Each shock-absorber (there would normally be four) consists of a hydraulic damper housed in two telescoping cylinders interconnected by a frusto-conical elastomeric sleeve. Several fenders may be arranged side-by-side, with their bumper-plates hinged together.
- British Patent 1487139. 11743/75 Heading F2S.
Oil States Rubber CompanyBox 370
Arlington, TX United States 76010
- Publication Date: 1975-3-20
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Docking; Fenders; Fenders (Wharves); Hydraulic equipment; Patents
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulic devices
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00170897
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM