LUBRICATION OF PLAIN AXLE BEARINGS IN U.S.A.
A new approach to the problem of overheating plain axle bearings consists of five separate parts assembled in a conventional axlebox. The NMB Sealed Journal Box Kit has undergone more than 2,500 miles of operational testing. Oil consumption is reduced by approximately 90 percent and the causes of hot boxes by 80 percent or more. The cost of eight kits for one car would be amortized in 18 months as freight car travel averages 17,000 miles per year in the U.S.A.
Temple Press Limited161-166 Fleet Street
Longon EC4, England
- Publication Date: 1955-4-22
- Pagination: p. 151-452
- RAILWAY GAZETTE
- Volume: 102
- TRT Terms: Costs; Freight cars; Journal boxes; Lubrication; Railroad cars; Technology
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Hot boxes
- Subject Areas: Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00037769
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM