MOVEMENT OF DOMESTIC SURFACE MAILS BY INTERMODAL SERVICES
Cooperation between the Canada Post Office and Canadian National Railways and CP Rail has produced an intermodal mail service which is flexible, economical, of high service quality and at highest fuel economy. The facilities, piggyback services and operating and control techniques are described.
- Presented at the Seventeenth Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Forum, Beyond the Bicentennial: The Transportation Challenge, held in Boston, Massachusetts, October 28-30, 1976.
Cross (Richard B) CompanyOxford, Indiana, United States 47971
- MARTIN, J F
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 404-411
- TRT Terms: Freight traffic; Intermodal transportation; Piggyback transportation; Postal service
- Identifier Terms: Canadian National; Canadian National Railways; Canadian Pacific
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00142943
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM