CONTINUING PROJECT TO SYNTHESIZE INFORMATION ON HIGHWAY PROBLEMS
A project is reported which is designed to search out and synthesize useful knowledge from all possible sources and to prepare documented reports on current practices in the subject areas of concern. A product of these effort is the report series, "Synthesis of Highway Practic" which assembles information into concise documents pertaining to specific problems. For each topic, the project objectives are to: locate and assemble documented information; learn what engineering practice has been held for solving the problems; identify ongoing research; learn what problems remain unsolved; evaluate and document the information; and evaluate the effectiveness of the synthesis. The sources of information include, among others, the state transportation and highway departments. The 39 published synthesis prepared to date and listed as well as the 22 topics currently being investigated.
- Record URL:
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- NCHRP Research Results Digest
- Issue Number: 90
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Documents; Highways; Information dissemination; Research
- Uncontrolled Terms: Documentation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00149804
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM