CONFERENCE-DEBATE ON RESTORATION OF THE SKID-RESISTANCE PROPERTIES OF PAVEMENT
The experience gained by various countries in regard to the restoration of rugosity (of adhesion) of coatings is summarized here. Tables provide information on the fields of application, limitations and nuisance, costs, output and durability, Fourteen methods are considered here: bush hammering, milling, grooving, hydrochloric acid, sanding, hot planing, planing, heating and blinding, binded resinous layer, bituminous bond surface dressing with gritting, slurry sealing, spreading of granular materials, white spirit, and thin open textured bituminous concrete. Practical solutions have emerged for immediate application in different cases of bituminous and cement concrete surface deficinecies in rugosity.
- Proceedings of the 15th Congress, Mexico City, 1975
- Leyder, U P
- HEYSTRAETEN, G V
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Costs; Pavements; Skid resistance; Skidding; Texture
- Old TRIS Terms: Rugosity
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Pavements; Research;
- Accession Number: 00149782
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM