CALCULATION AT THE DESIGN STAGE OF THE PRINCIPAL DIMENSIONS OF A SHIP FOR THE CARRIAGE OF DANGEROUS CHEMICALS
The design of chemical tankers is a difficult process compounded by the need to observe various national and international regulations governing such matters as cargo segregation, subdivision, and maintenance of stability after an accident. Of particular importance in this respect is resolution A2/2/VII of the IMCO Code for the construction and equipment of ships carrying dangerous chemicals in bulk.
- B.S.R.A. Translation No. 3962 available from British Ship Research Association.
Bureau Veritas31 rue Henri-Rochefort
Paris 17e, France
- van der Schrieck, PGJ
- van der Es, LJC
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 9 p.
- Bulletin Technique du Bureau Veritas
- Issue Number: 58
- Publisher: Bureau Veritas
- TRT Terms: Chemical tankers; Computer aided design; Hazardous chemicals; Hazardous materials; Tankers; Transportation; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: International Maritime Consultative organization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials transportation; Imco chemical carriers code
- Subject Areas: Design; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00149772
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM