CALCULATION OF THE ELECTRIC-POWER REQUIREMENT FOR SMALLER SHIPS
A procedure for calculating the electric-power requirement for smaller ships using simultaneity and loading factors for many power consumers is described. This requirement is determined for three operational conditions: fixed power consumption at sea; maximum power consumption at sea; fixed power consumption in port. Examples of simultaneity and loading factors used in calculation of fixed electric-power requirement at sea on trawlers, purse seiners, and other ships of the same size are listed for some two dozen different shipboard consumers.
- B.S.R.A. Translations No. 3961 available from British Ship Research Association.
- Reinertsen, W
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Volume: 15
- TRT Terms: Electric power; Electrical systems; System design
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power system design
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00149771
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM