CARGO HANDLING CONTROL SYSTEM "SEAMATE-40" ABOARD THE 232,000 DWT TANKER "EISHO MARU"
SEAMATE-40, a new computerized control system for tanker ships, which has been developed on the basis of experience accumulated during the building of the 138,000 DWT tanker "Seiko Mary", the first computerized ship in Japan, is provided with four different functions: cargo handling control programs, ship condition calculation programs, navigation calculation programs and medical diagnosis programs. The outstanding features of the system are as follows: 1) Improved safety control for cargo handling. 2) Higher reliability of the system with selected hardware and elaborate software. 3) Wider applicability to various handling conditions. 4) Easy and early mastering of cargo handling operation by means of the training simulator. 5) Useful troubleshooting system for crew, nonspecialists in electronics and computers. 6) Speedy and simple operation of calculation programs. 7) Modulation of software for easy adaption to tankers of various types and sizes. With these features, SEAMATE-40 is one of the most practical and useful computerized cargo oil handling control systems currently available.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00189820
Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.2-16, Toyosu 3 Chome, Koto-Ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Sakamoto, K
- OKUMURA, Y
- Jukuroki, T
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 41-50
- IHI Engineering Review
- Volume: 9
- Issue Number: 3
- ISSN: 0018-9820
- TRT Terms: Automation; Cargo handling; Control systems; Navigation computers; Ship operations; Simulation; Tankers; Training simulators; Voyage management systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker operations
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00149632
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM