MARKET PROSPECTS FOR OFFSHORE LOADING TANKERS
The Market Research Department of the Aker Group find that more offshore oil fields will utilise offshore loading, the implication being a potential growth market for offshore loading of tankers. A diagram is given of the Aker Offshore Production system designed for medium-sized oil finds in water depths over 300 ft, producing 100,000-200,000 barrels per day. Different types of offshore loading terminals are described, together with modifications made to tankers using them, such as the installation of bow-loading facilities and mooring equipment.
Selvigs Forlag A/SRadhusgaten 8, Postbox 162
Oslo 1, Norway
- Publication Date: 1976-6-11
- Pagination: 3 p.
- NORWEGIAN SHIPPING NEWS
- Issue Number: 11C
- TRT Terms: Loading and unloading; Moorings; Offshore moorings; Offshore terminals; Offshore transfer; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore loading; Tanker loading; Tanker moorings
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00149557
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM