ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC CRANES FOR RATIONAL CARGO HANDLING
Nylands Versted, a member of the Aker Group, introduced the first Aker Electro-hydraulic crane in the early 1960s and the market has built up from the original 3-ton cranes to the present 35-ton types, which can be supplied as twin cranes for double lifts if required. These twin cranes are, however, expensive and the problem of increased capacity can often be solved by utilising a special lifting arm and two independent cranes in parallel. Nylands Verksted have also developed advanced designs with capacities up to 600 tons for use in the offshore industry.
Selvigs Forlag A/SRadhusgaten 8, Postbox 162
Oslo 1, Norway
- Publication Date: 1976-6-11
- Pagination: 2 p.
- NORWEGIAN SHIPPING NEWS
- Issue Number: 11C
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Cranes; Electrohydraulic mechanisms
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00149551
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM