FD-TYPE DECK-MOUNTED PUSH-TOWING COUPLING--"ARTICOUPLE"
The paper describes the "Articouple" FD-type deck-mounted pushtowing coupling installed on Kongo Maru ships, which consist of a 28-m pusher tug and 62-m barge. This automatic unit is discussed with reference to an annotated diagram. Details of its controller, deck installation, and application, together with a note on the design of the 199 GRT pusher tug, are also included.
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Fune No Kagaku
- Volume: 28
- Issue Number: 12
- TRT Terms: Barges; Pusher barges; Tug ship interaction; Tugboats
- Old TRIS Terms: Integrated tug barge systems; Tug barge linkage
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00149544
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM