HEAVY-DUTY SWISS DIESELS HERALD THREE-PHASE FUTURE
Following extensive tests with two prototypes, Swiss Federal Railways ordered in 1973 the world's first group of diesel electric locomotives with three-phase traction motors. Those six units were delivered in 1976 and CFF then ordered 10 electric locomotives with similar motors for 1979 delivery.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Converters (Electricity); Diesel electric locomotives; Electric locomotives; Interference; Locomotives; Rectifiers; Synchronous motors; Traction drives; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Converters; Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00149456
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Gazette International
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM