THREE BOGIES TO CARRY APT
The running gear for the three revenue-service prototype Advanced Passenger Trains for British Rail differs somewhat from the original design. The truck design and arrangement to achieve maximum carbody cross-section within the restricted BR clearances are described. The current design does not have articulated cars but does feature two-axle trucks with long wheelbase. Arrangements to maximize passenger comfort are discussed.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Air springs; High speed rail; Multiple unit trains; Passenger cars; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced passenger trains; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00149455
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Gazette International
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM