ASSESSMENT OF METROLIFT PARATRANSIT SCHEDULING SYSTEM
This report documents the results of a project exploring the use of advanced technologies to improve specialized transportation service delivery. The project examined the benefits of METROLift's paratransit scheduling system, which uses the PASS software by Trapeze (Registered trademark), and analyzed available capacity or slack time in the METROLift vehicle manifests. Three options for expanding METROLift capacity were examined: filling usable slack time, shifting some paratransit trips to fixed-route transit through trip-by-trip eligibility, and integrating paratransit trip segments with fixed-route segments. Of these options, trip-by-trip eligibility appears to offer the greatest potential for increasing the number of METROLift passengers carried on a daily basis, without compromising service quality.
- Record URL:
- Research Project: METROLift Phase II Assessment.
Texas Transportation InstituteTexas A&M University System, 1600 E Lamar Boulevard
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Texas A&M University, College StationITS Research Center of Excellence
College Station, TX United States 77843
Texas Department of TransportationResearch and Technology Transfer Office, P.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
Federal Highway Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Higgins, L L
- Publication Date: 2000-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Paratransit services; Person capacity; Scheduling; Software
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00806829
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI/ITS RCE-01/02,, Final Report
- Contract Numbers: DTFH61-93-X-00017-004
- Files: NTL, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 2 2001 12:00AM