AT AVONDALE: PRODUCTIVITY UP AND COSTS DOWN
A new automated welding system is described which is currently operating at a welding rate of 4 feet per minute to produce more than 20 feet of T beam and 15 feet of L beam per man hour. The system is highly cost effective and reduces the handling of the raw, semi-finished, and finished material.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07325460
- Article is also available from Engineering Society Library.
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation508 Birch Street
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: p. 89-91
- Marine Engineering/Log
- Volume: 81
- Issue Number: 12
- Publisher: New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp.
- ISSN: 0732-5460
- TRT Terms: Automatic welding; Automation; Economics; Planning; Production; Production control; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic welding systems; Shipyard automation; Welding economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00149302
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM