UNIQUE PROPULSION SYSTEM DRIVES GYPSUM TRANSPORTATION'S NEW BULK CARRIER
A steam turbine of only 8500 shaft horsepower powers a new 18,150-dwt bulk carrier, the Gypsum King. The Gypsum King is unique in that a controllable-pitch propeller is used in conjunction with the geared steam turbines. Both turbine speed and propeller pitch are controlled from the bridge with a single-level combination. This article provides details on the bridge control unit, boilers, unloading equipment, electrical power and coatings used for the vessel.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07325460
- Article is also available from Engineering Society Library.
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation508 Birch Street
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: p. 76-78
- Marine Engineering/Log
- Volume: 81
- Issue Number: 12
- Publisher: New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp.
- ISSN: 0732-5460
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Dry bulk carriers; Steam turbines
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship descriptions (Dry bulkers); Steam turbine propulsion
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00149301
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM