CAMERAS WILL BE USED TO CATCH OAHU SPEEDERS : THE SYSTEM SHOULD BE OPERATING BY LATE THIS YEAR OR EARLY NEXT
This article describes how red-light cameras equipped with radar or laser will be placed at intersections around the island of Oahu by late 2000 or early 2001. Cameras will photograph the license plate of any vehicles that cross an intersection after the light has turned red. In addition, portable speed cameras will also be used for taking photos of a speeding car's license plate if it exceeds a determined speed. In both situations, drivers will receive citations in the mail.
- Record URL:
- Publication Date: August 11, 2000 Remarks: Printout of article from website of the Star-bulletin in PATH Binder 9
- Song, Jaymes K
- Publication Date: 2000
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Cameras; Law enforcement; Motor vehicles; News; Speed; Traffic speed
- Subject Areas: Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00801345
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Nov 7 2000 12:00AM