PLANNERS FINALIZE U.S. INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
This article discusses efforts by U.S. government transportation planners towards linking various elements of the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) network using wireless communications. It describes how dedicated short range communications (DSRC) and differential Global Positioning System (GPS) applications are being studied. It discusses efforts that are taking place to improve accuracy, boos power and reduce interference in differential GPS. Cellular radio and vehicle radar technologies are also mentioned for their potential applications.
- Record URL:
- Publication Date: July 26, 2000 Remarks: Printout of article from website of EE times in PATH Binder 9
- Leopold, George
- Publication Date: 2000
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Dedicated short range communications; Global Positioning System; News; Wireless communication systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00801291
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Nov 7 2000 12:00AM