ONSTAR FROM GM : IT'S ONLY HUMAN
This article relates the author's experience in using the OnStar navigation system. The system features in-vehicle safety, emergency security and information services, linking the driver and vehicle with a 24-hour command center in Michigan and providing direct cellular contact with a live person. Although OnStar services can provide accurate service, the system has its limitations. It is only as reliable as its computerized map system and site lists which are updated quarterly. Additionally, the system works only if the user is in a cellular-phone service area.
- Publication Date: July 5, 2000 Remarks: Printout of article from website of Los Angeles times in PATH Binder 8
- Wright, Jeanne
- Publication Date: 2000
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile navigation systems; Motorist aid systems; News; Reliability
- Identifier Terms: OnStar (Motorist aid system)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00801212
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Nov 7 2000 12:00AM