FOCUSING DRIVERS BACK ON THE ROAD : FEDERAL HEARING EXAMINES DISTRACTIONS BEHIND THE WHEEL-- AND ALL AROUND IT
This article focuses on the growing safety concerns regarding the usage of cell phones and other devices while driving. It cites concerns from both the safety-promoting agencies and the automobile and electronics-related industries. Issues such as personal responsibility, restrictions on cell phone usage, traffic accidents and driver distraction are briefly discussed.
- Publication Date: July 18, 2000 Remarks: Printout of web document from MSNBC.com website retained in PATH binder no. 8
- Publication Date: 2000
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Driving; Electronic equipment; Human factors; News; Safety
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00801210
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Nov 7 2000 12:00AM