BUILDING AN "ENTERPRISE DATA" NETWORK
The ideal rail transit operations control center is integrated, with links to supporting functions like maintenance of way, personnel management, train scheduling, quality assurance, and customer service. The article examines how an integrated approach to train and traction power control, communications, and facilities management also provides a more flexible operating environment for dispatchers and controllers.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation345 Hudson Street
New York, NY United States 10014
- Sorensen, C W
- Publication Date: 2000-9
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Control centers; Customer service; Data communications; Information technology; Integrated systems; Maintenance of way; Personnel management; Quality assurance; Schedules and scheduling; Technology assessment
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00800852
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 10 2000 12:00AM