REMARKS ON THE KINEMATIC VALUE OF JOLTING
BEMERKUNGEN ZUR KINEMATISCHEN GROSSE "RUCK"
From the vectorial character, the author deduces the speed, the acceleration and jolting, for the movement of a point along a curve in a plane. The jolting is the third derivative of the movement. He then briefly discusses the practical application, and stresses that jolting becomes more specially important as the rate of acceleration changes wherever people are subjected to such conditions, as when in a vehicle.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00436844
Hochschule fuer Verkehrswesen "Friedrich List"Friedrich-List Platz 1
Dresden 801, Germany
- Preysing, E J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 133-143
- Hochschule f Verkehrs F List Wissenschaft Zeitschr
- Volume: 23
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Hochschule fuer Verkehrswesen "Friedrich List"
- ISSN: 0043-6844
- TRT Terms: Human factors; Jerk control; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Suspensions; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Jerk; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00148825
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM