NEW ALERT SYSTEM COULD BE COMMUTING BOON : MESSAGE BOARDS, WEB SITES TO WARN OF CONGESTION, SUGGEST OTHER ROUTES
This article describes the TransVISION program in Texas which will involve the use of variable message signs to alert drivers about traffic congestion and incidents. The program will also provide drivers with images from traffic cameras in Fort Worth and Dallas on the Internet.
- Publication Date: June 28, 2000 Remarks: Photocopy of article from website of Dallas morning news in PATH Binder 8
- Hartzel, Tony
- Publication Date: 2000
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced traveler information systems; Internet; News; Variable message signs
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00800025
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Oct 12 2000 12:00AM