KIDS' SAFETY TAKES NEW TURN
This article describes plans for a monitoring system which will track both school bus riders and buses. The program will involve a tracking system that uses Global Positioning System (GPS), a video monitoring camera on board the bus, electronic identification cards for the bus riders, and wireless cellular communications.
- Publication Date: June 22, 2000 Remarks: Printout of article from the website of The record (Hackensack, N.J.) in PATH Binder 8
- Alvarado, Monsy
- Publication Date: 2000
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic vehicle monitoring; Buses; News; Safety
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00800009
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Oct 12 2000 12:00AM