TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM NEEDS TO GET SMART, CONSULTANT SAYS
This article reports on a meeting which took place in Vancouver Seattle, which promoted the concept of the Vancouver Area Smart Trek (VAST) project. The traffic situation in the Clark County urban area prompted the need for a meeting to examine further methods of reducing congestion and reducing travel time. The consensus at the meeting was that advanced technologies will only be useful when public agencies are more efficient in their responses.
- Publication Date: June 21, 2000 Remarks: Photocopy of Web article in PATH Binder 8
- Ryll, Thomas
- Publication Date: 2000
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced traffic management systems; News; Traffic signals
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00800007
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Oct 12 2000 12:00AM