CENTRALIZAD OR DECENTRALIZED MANAGEMENT?
One of the debates in the railroad industry has been over whether management should be highly centralized or decentralized. The article recognizes that rather than making a distinct choice between the two alternatives, industry seems to settle somewhere in between. Computer aided technology is seen as making railroads a netwok industry that needs centralized planning and decentralized execution.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation345 Hudson Street
New York, NY United States 10014
- Kufman, L H
- Publication Date: 2000-8
- Pagination: p. 47-52
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Computer aided design; Decentralization; Industry structure; Management and organization; Planning; Railroads; Technology assessment
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00799167
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 13 2000 12:00AM