INDIAN RESERVATION ROADS PROGRAM: TRANSPORTATION PLANNING PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES
This document defines procedures and provides guidelines to be used by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), and Indian Tribal Governments for Indian Reservation Roads (IRR) transportation planning. It details procedures to meet the intent of the Federal Lands Highways Program, Section 204 of 23 United States (23 U.S.C); the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act, as amended, Public Law (P.L. 93-638 (25 U.S.C. 450); the BIA/FHWA Memorandum of Agreement (MOA); the Roads of the BIA, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 170; and the IRR Program Stewardship Plan. Section 204(a) of 23 U.S.C. states: "In consultation with the Secretary of each appropriate Federal land management agency, the Secretary shall develop, by rule, transportation planning procedures that are consistent with the metropolitan and statewide planning processes required under sections 134 and 135."
- Record URL:
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1999-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Guidelines; Indian reservations; Land use; Management; Native Americans; Procedures; Regulations; Roads; Transportation planning; Tribal government
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs; U.S. Federal Highway Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal land
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00803539
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 2 2001 12:00AM