SATURATION PATROLS & SOBRIETY CHECKPOINTS: A HOW-TO GUIDE FOR PLANNING AND PUBLICIZING IMPAIRED DRIVING ENFORCEMENT EFFORTS
This booklet is the second installment in the "You Drink & Drive. You Lose" Law Enforcement Action Kit. It is designed to assist in planning and publicizing sobriety checkpoints and saturation patrols. It also provides helpful tips for building partnerships and working with local media to promote these efforts and lifesaving messages. The contents are organized in the following sections: How-To Guide; Building Partnerships; Publicity and Promotion; Timeline; and Available Materials and Other Resources. The booklet has a back pocket with contents as follows: Bounce back card; One printed poster; Saturation Patrol/Sobriety Checkpoint Fact Sheet; National Sobriety Checkpoint Week Fact Sheet; Sample Media Advisory; Sample News Release; Sample Letter to the Editor; Sample Op-Ed; Sample Drop-in News Article; Sample Radio Scripts; Camera ready art for print PSA; Camera ready art for hand-out flier; and Camera ready logo sheet.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 2000-6
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Drunk driving; Guidelines; Mass media; Partnerships; Police patrol; Promotion; Publicity; Safety campaigns; Sobriety checkpoints; Traffic law enforcement
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00798857
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-809 063
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 5 2000 12:00AM