TRAFFIC QUALITY ON THE METROPOLITAN WASHINGTON AREA FREEWAY SYSTEM, SPRING 1999
In the spring of 1999, Skycomp conducted a series of AM and PM peak period aerial photo-surveys of the limited access highway system in the metropolitan Washington, DC planning region. The purpose was to assess the current performance of the system and to identify changes and trends seen in comparison to previous surveys conducted in 1993 and 1996. The report documents levels of service experienced on every segment of the region's limited access highway system throughout the hours of the AM and PM peak periods. The report also highlights significant changes seen from previous assessments and the explanation for some changes through time. This aerial survey constitutes a primary component of the Washington, DC metropolitan region's congestion management systems (CMS).
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments777 North Capitol Street, NE, Suite 300
Washington, DC United States 20002
- Jordan, G
- Publication Date: 1999-12-15
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 108 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerial photography; Aerial surveying; Congestion management systems; Freeways; Level of service; Metropolitan areas; Peak hour traffic; Traffic
- Geographic Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00803690
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 20606
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 2001 12:00AM