COMMERCIAL REMOTE SENSING TECHNOLOGIES APPLICATION TO TRANSPORTATION - A PARTNERSHIP FOR ADVANCING TRANSPORTATION PRACTICE
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has implemented a research program in partnership with leading academic institutions, service providers, and industry for remote sensing in transportation. The program is designed to serve long-term research for education and workforce development and near-term technology applications to transportation practice. The program combines NASA research expertise in remote sensing with DOT expertise in technology assessment and application to transportation practice. The program seeks innovative applications of commercial remote sensing and geospatial information technologies to solve priority transportation requirements. The products from the program will effectively address meeting the following important transportation requirements: Traffic surveillance, monitoring and management; Environmental assessment, integration and streamlining; Transportation infrastructure management; and Hazards, safety, and disaster assessment.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
National Aeronautics and Space Administration600 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20546
- Publication Date: 2000
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Disaster preparedness; Environmental impacts; Evaluation and assessment; Hazards; Information technology; Infrastructure; Management; Partnerships; Remote sensing; Research; Safety; Technology; Technology assessment; Traffic control; Traffic surveillance
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Department of Transportation; U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00803657
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 27 2001 12:00AM