TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT HANDBOOK
This document is an update to the Freeway Incident Management Handbook, published in 1991 by the FHWA. It provides detail on important elements of successful incident management programs, as well as field operations. It includes new and advanced incident management topics. This update assumes that the traffic congestion issues posed by incidents are already well understood by most agency personnel. As such, the focus in this update is on the safety benefits achievable through effective incident management, as experienced by crash victims, the motoring public, and response agency field personnel. As implied in this handbook title, this update promotes the notion that incident management is needed on all types of highways, not just freeways.
- Record URL:
- This document is an update to TRIS 00618098.
PB Farradyne, Incorporated3200 Tower Oaks Boulevard
Rockville, MD United States 20852
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 2000-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 108 p.
- TRT Terms: Drivers; Emergency medical services; Emergency medical technicians; Handbooks; Highways; Incident management; Passengers; Traffic congestion; Traffic crash victims; Traffic crashes; Traffic incidents; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00803651
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 20 2001 12:00AM