OUTLINE OF WAVE LOAD MONITOR
The purpose of this system is to monitor the safety of ship operation by allowing direct observations to be made of hull strength in actual wave and wind conditions. The paper describes the operating principle of the system and the equipment (RMS processor, display units, etc.) involved in performing the actual-value display function in response to signals proceeding from an arrangement of strain gauges.
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Volume: 48
- Issue Number: 5
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Instrumentation; Loads; Microprocessors; Ship motion; Stresses; Water waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull instrumentation; Hull stress; Instrumentation technology; Microprocessor applications; Ship response; Wave loads
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00148520
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1977 12:00AM