CAPITALS' PROJECT FOR INTEGRATED TELEMATICS APPLICATIONS ON A LARGE SCALE : FINAL REPORT
The CApitals' Project for Integrated Telematics Applications on a Large Scale (CAPITALS) project involved these five European capital cities: Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Madrid and Rome. Information platforms were established, using existing data and information sources, to set up information and traffic management services for administrations and travelers. CAPITALS addressed developments in four operational areas: 1) traffic management and information, 2) multimodal information services, 3) advanced traffic control strategies, and 4) demand management. This report describes the approaches used in the project, the results achieved, and future plans.
- Publication Date: 1999 Telematics Applications Programme, European Commission, Brussels
Region de Bruxelles-Capitale (Belgium),
European Commission. Telematics Applications Programme,
- Schmitz, Pierre
- Publication Date: 1999
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Intelligent transportation systems programs
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00803135
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Dec 26 2000 12:00AM