Most of the conditions of joining one pipe to another are detailed in this article. Pipe outside diameter dimensions have varied widely over the years and have been influenced by changes in manufacturing technology, plant rationalisation, introduction of modified materials, and business amalgamation. It is therefore not really practical or economical to adopt a common series of outside diameters as is sometimes called for. The pipe materials mentioned include: asbestos cement, steel, grey, and ductile iron, plastic, GRP, and concrete. A table of current dimensional standards is included.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/10480594
Morgan-Grampian (Professional Press) LimitedMorgan-Grampian House, Calderwood Street
London SE18 6QH, England
- Smith, T R
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Pipe; Plastic pipe; Steel pipe
- Old TRIS Terms: Iron pipe; Pipe couplings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00148505
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Analytic
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1977 12:00AM