TANK BARGE FIRE SAFETY
Tankerman face numerous dangers on the job everyday. Tankerman must be able to work outside in all kinds of weather, deal with physical demands of connecting, pumping, and disconnecting barges and handling volatile cargoes. However, all these dangers can compare with the danger of fire. This manual is designed to help tankerman better understand fire, fire causes, fire prevention, and techniques used to make a first response. In the case of a flammable liquid fire, it must be controlled and extinguished quickly so as not to allow it to intensify beyond the tankermans ability to combat the fire. An out of control tank barge fire will have catastrophic consequences and is why fire prevention must be a first priority of all tankerman.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1893184013
River School, Incorporated147 Jefferson, Suite 1000
Memphis, TN United States 38103
- Thompson, S
- Publication Date: 1999
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge operations; Cargo handling; Fire fighting; Fires; Flammable liquids; Pumping tests; Safety; Tank barges; Weather conditions
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00802390
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1893184013
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 16 2000 12:00AM