PROFILE OF ICEBREAKER FUJI
The icebreaker Fuji was built in 1965 and since then has been involved in survey work in the Antarctic. Her principal particulars are: Length - 100 m; Breadth - 22 m; Draught - 8.81 m; Displacement - 8,838 tons; Machinery output - 4 x 3,500 hp at 600 rpm; Speed - 17 knots. Details of the ship's hull form, operating performance, icebreaking performance in different ice thicknesses, air transportation facilities, and survey equipment are included.
- Honda, T
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Sekai No Kansen
- Volume: 12
- Issue Number: 220
- TRT Terms: Icebreakers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship descriptions
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00148459
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1977 12:00AM