ENTERPRISE REFERENCE GUIDE: TELECOM TOWERS AND TOWER SITING ALONG HIGHWAY RIGHTS-OF-WAY AND OTHER TRANSPORTATION PROPERTIES
This reference guide summarizes information relevant to questions associated with deployment of wireless infrastructure along highway right-of-way (ROW) and on other public properties. The guide presents wireless telecommunications and tower siting information in four sections: Wireless Basics introduces wireless telecommunications technologies and describes a general process for tower siting; Nuts and Bolts explains the basic hardware and facilities installed at wireless sites in terms accessible to a layperson; Issues and Options discusses twelve issues associated with wireless tower and antenna siting in a transportation environment, lays out options for addressing these issues, and suggests further reference materials; Reference Materials provides resources in three formats - a glossary, and annotated bibliography, and a reference/issues matrix.
Iowa Department of Transportation800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Publication Date: 1999-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 145 p.
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Facilities; Highways; Infrastructure; Location; Right of way (Land); Telecommunications; Towers; Wireless communication systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00801959
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 1 2000 12:00AM