HANDBOOK OF VEHICLE-ROAD INTERACTION
This handbook discusses tyre-road contact forces generated by heavy vehicles, their influence on road surface and bridge response and damage, as well as ways of assessing and improving vehicles so as to minimise road damage. The book is divided into eight sections: 1. provides general background material about road wear, expenditure on roads and some historical perspectives. 2. deals with vehicle dynamics and includes chapters on road surface roughness, suspension components, measuring and simulating dynamic tyre forces and a brief introduction to the subject of "weigh-in-motion". 3. is concerned with the response of the guideway to heavy vehicle loads. 4. concentrates on the mechanisms of damage of flexible pavements, particularly permanent deformation and fatigue cracking. 5. discusses vehicle-guideway interactions. 6. discusses the design of suspensions to minimise road damage. 7. is concerned with the problem of assessing the road damaging potential of heavy vehicles for regulatory purposes. 8. presents conclusions and suggests areas needing further research. Lists of abbreviations, references and an index are provided in the appendices.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9026515545
Swets & ZeitlingerHeereweg 347B
2161 CA Lisse, Netherlands
- Cebon, D
- Publication Date: 1999
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 600 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Dynamic loads; Flexible pavements; Handbooks; Heavy vehicles; Pavement cracking; Pavement maintenance; Pavement performance; Rigid pavements; Roads; Roughness; Suspension systems; Tire forces; Tractor trailer combinations; Vehicle dynamics; Vibration tests
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Motor Carriers; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00801949
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 9026515545
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Nov 14 2000 12:00AM