MINISTERIAL REVIEW OF OUTSTANDING PILOTAGE ISSUES
This report presents the government's response to recommendations concerning the marine pilotage system in Canada. It addresses the following topics: The pilot certification process for masters and officers; training and licensing requirements for pilots; compulsory pilotage area designations; measures taken in respect of financial self-sufficiency and cost reduction.
- Text in English and French.
Transport Canada330 Sparks Street, Tower C, 8th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0N5
- Publication Date: 1999
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Certification; Licensing; Marine transit; Personnel development; Pilotage; Professional personnel; Training
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00801824
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 1 2000 12:00AM