SAFETY IN ROAD TRAFFIC FOR VULNERABLE USERS
Between 1997 and 1999 the European Conference of Ministers of Transport (ECMT) issues three reports and three resolutions on safety in road traffic for vulnerable users, namely cyclists, pedestrians and users of two-wheeled motorized vehicles (mopeds and motorcycles). These studies form part f a wider area of review which, in addition to road safety itself, takes into account the demographic trend in ECMT countries--population aging--and the highly topical issues of mobility land use planning, the environment and public health. The measures recommended (whether general or specific to each user category) show that much remains to be done to ensure the safety of vulnerable users. The aim is not to promote a single model, but to develop strategies tailored to the specific features of each country. This publication should enable all concerned to take stock of the different approaches developed in ECMT countries and to find guidance in examples of good practice.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9282112551
European Conference of Ministers of Transport2 rue Andre Pascal
F-75775 Paris Cedex 16, France
- Publication Date: 2002
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 108 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycle travel; Land use; Mobility; Mopeds; Motorcycles; Pedestrian safety; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00801017
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 9282112551
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 2003 12:00AM