ENVIRONMENT AND CONSTRUCTION ROAD PROJECTS
ENVIRONNEMENT ET CONSTRUCTION DE PROJETS ROUTIERS
One work area of the PIARC Committee on the Environment concerns the consequences of the construction of road projects. In July 1997, an inquiry has been sent to all PIARC member countries. it dealt with the five major topics identified by the Working Group: soil and water protection; how to deal with contaminated land; recycling of used materials; how to take account of flora; archaeology; water and noise; and work sites. This report contains the answers from twenty respondents and provides recommendations for each of the above mentioned issues. Each chapter is divided into three parts: definition of the problem, approach to the problem per country, and available information per country.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/2840601222
F-92055 La Defense Cedex, France
- Publication Date: 2000
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Contaminants; Environmental protection; Environmental quality; Noise; Recycling; Roadside flora and fauna; Soils; Water quality
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00801014
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 2840601222
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 2000 12:00AM