STREETS FOR EVERYBODY
When physically-disabled, mentally-retarded, visually- or hearing-impaired people, allergy sufferers, the elderly and children make their way along a street, it is important that the traffic system be adapted to their individual ability. This book is intended as an aid for building, furnishing and maintaining street areas in such a way that "everybody" can use them. It can be used both as a source of advice on how to solve technical problems, and as a joint platform for users and decision makers. The Swedish original, "Gator for Alla," is widely used by Swedish authorities as a source of information when drawing plans and making decisions concerning the public street environment.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9170993076
Swedish Association of Local AuthoritiesS-118 82 Stockholm, Sweden
- JOHANSSON, R
- Publication Date: 1993
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Children; Decision making; Design; Guidelines; Hearing impaired persons; Persons with disabilities; Streets; Visually impaired persons
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Society; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00800273
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 9170993076
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 23 2000 12:00AM