EVALUATION OF THE REYNOLDS ALUMINUM ORTHOTROPIC BRIDGE DECK SYSTEM, CORBIN BRIDGE APPLICATION
The purpose of this project was the rehabilitation of the Corbin Bridge in Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania. The project consisted of replacing the deck with the Reynolds Orthotropic Bridge Deck System. The rehabilitation of the bridge increased the posted load rating from 7 tons to 24 tons by replacing the steel deck with an aluminum deck while strengthening parts of the existing steel members. Satisfactory performance required that the deflections be within design limits and no visual distress present. This report is a combination Construction and Final Performance Report for evaluation of the structure rehabilitated in 1996.
Harrisburg, PA United States 17105-2926
- Sukley, R
- Spall, J
- Publication Date: 2000-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Bridge decks; Deflection; Historic bridges; Load factor; Orthotropic; Performance; Rehabilitation (Maintenance); Strengthening (Maintenance); Suspension bridges
- Geographic Terms: Huntingdon County (Pennsylvania)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00800216
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Research Proj No. 95-050,, Final Report
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 17 2000 12:00AM