LANDING CAPACITY OF A DUAL THRESHOLD RUNWAY
The noise boundaries imposed by the Dutch government on Schiphol Amsterdam airport make it necessary to use special noise abatement procedures to accommodate the growing air traffic. The purpose of this report is to examine the effect on the landing capacity of a dual threshold runway. This is a procedure where, due to the usage of an elevated final approach path above the primary path, the separations between the aircraft can be reduced. To analyze the effect on capacity the dual threshold runway is investigated theoretically. It is also implemented into the airport and airspace simulator to test some scenarios quantitatively.
Delft University of TechnologyFaculty of Aerospace Engineering
2208 Delft, Netherlands
- Verbeek, RJD
- Publication Date: 1998-11
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport capacity; Airport runways; Airport surface traffic control; Landing; Noise control
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00799305
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 25 2000 12:00AM