STATE IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE: REVISED EMT-INTERMEDIATE AND EMT-PARAMEDIC NATIONAL STANDARD CURRICULA
This implementation guide will provide state level personnel who are charged with the regulatory oversight of emergency medical services (EMS) programs with a framework for implementation of the revised EMT-I and EMT-P National Standard Curricula. It is further anticipated that the judicious use of this document in conjunction with the curricular materials in general, and the course guide specifically, will result in greater national standardization of training for EMT-Intermediate and EMT-Paramedic personnel. This implementation guide describes general issues that will face each regulatory body as it implements the revised curricula. In addition to identifying those general issues, specific strategies, considerations and, in some cases, recommendations are offered. The information provided in this document serves only as a guideline. Due to the wide variation in administrative structures across the nation, the information is representative, rather than exhaustive. It is hoped that each state will address its unique issues in a manner that is consistent with the general philosophy of thoughtful planning and will move toward national standardization which is the spirit of this document.
- Prepared in cooperation with the National Council of State EMS Training Coordinators, Inc., and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 2000-3
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Education and training; Emergency medical technicians; Guidelines; Implementation; Recommendations; Standardization; Strategic planning
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00798853
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-809 041
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 5 2000 12:00AM