TECHNOLOGICAL EXCHANGES AND DEVELOPMENT - INTRODUCTORY REPORT
The role of regional associations/networks involved in road technology transfer is reviewed with reference to developing and transitional countries. Practical experience and methods in road technology transfer are considered from the viewpoint of developed and developing countries. Training needs, transfers in technical areas at all levels including transfers towards engineers, and transfers related to road organisation, network maintenance and management are considered. A forum on the role of regional associations/networks in information interchange and technology transfer was convened at the conference. Its objectives include: assisting decision-makers and participants to clearly identify how technology transfer can benefit from regional networking; facilitating a genuine exchange of experience among regions, in particular those that have decided to create and develop a regional network; identification of how regional associations/networks and PIARC can complement each other; and exploration of the potential for some regional-based PIARC committees. For the covering abstract see ITRD E 118727.
Permanent International Association of Road CongressesLa Grande Arche - Paroi Nord - Niveau 1
92055 Paris la Defense Cedex 04, France
- Publication Date: 1999
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Conferences; Developing countries; Education; International; Organizations; Regions; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- ITRD Terms: 9098: Communication; 8525: Conference; 150: Developing countries; 2284: Education; 8034: Europe; 9034: International; 9057: Organization (association); 378: Region; 3855: Technology
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00963961
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Oct 3 2003 12:00AM