FRISCO GOES FOR PRODUCTION
A drive for greater productivity that started two years ago with running repairs for cars and has since been expanded to heavy repair for cars and locomotives, to improved track maintenance and most recently to the transportation department, is continuing. Emphasis in transportation functions has been on reduction in freight-car-days per load, in evaluation of scheduling with associated blocking and priprities, changes in yard layout, and further expansion of the MICB (Management Information Control System) which is a computer-based method of assuring quality control for freight service.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Thompson, W F
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Freight transportation; Maintenance of way; Management information systems; Productivity; Quality of service; Vehicle maintenance; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car maintenance; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00147689
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM